Saturday, December 5, 2009

December Calendar Layout

I know it's already December and my calendar layout for this month may be a few days late. But hey, we're still on the first week of the month so I guess it's not yet too late to create and post my calendar layout for this month.

Definitely one can say that it is already December and the Christmas breeze is slowly making its way. Christmas is said to be the happiest time of the year. Children enjoy this season because of the gift giving and of course the long vacation that comes with it. In addition, Christmas is said to be the season where the spirit of love, joy, and compassion is felt at its best. People tend to be happier, more loving, and more charitable and generous.

In the spirit of giving and charity, I am featuring the children of Cottolengo Filipino Bahay Para Sa May Kapansanan. It was my Mom (and her high school batchmates) who visited this charitable institution last October. She came home with a bunch of pictures and a brochure showing these abandoned mentally handicapped children. As a mother myself, I felt a mixuture of feelings when I saw the pictures - sadness because I can't imagine how some parents/mothers can abandon their own kids; and a feeling of hope because somehow there are still people out there who are genuinely concerned about these kids.

Below is a copy of the brochure my mom took home from their trip.

Credits for this layout: Christmas Cheer Kit from Connie Prince avalaible at Gottapixel; Segoe font from Dafont.com

No comments: