Saturday, March 19, 2011

ET @ 60

The weeks that passed was a hectic and very busy week for me and my mom. We were busy preparing for a surprise party on my Dad's 60th birthday. We had the party last March 12. We were very careful upto the last minute so as not to destroy the surprise. My Mom had to come up with an alibi saying that they (Dad and Mom) needs to attend a meeting, while my brother and I (together with Zion) pretended that we will be attending another party. While the guests were coming in, we had to keep them inside the hall to prevent my Dad from seeing them loitering around the premises. Imagine the surprise on my Dad's face when he finally got inside the venue, and saw most of his closest friends, former and current officemates, and relatives. The surprise didn't stop there. He had no idea that we prepared a program for him, complete with stories from friends, an AVP presentation, toasting, and of course special birthday wishes from the family. The journalling I placed in this layout was the birthday wish "speech" I gave when it was my turn to speak.

Journalling:
Dearest Daddy, first of all I would like to greet you a happy 60th birthday. On this day, I wish you good health, more blessings, and long life filled with happiness. On your 60th birthday, and incidentally your retirement, take time to smell the flowers, see the beauty of your surroundings, and most importantly enjoy life. Dad, we may not always see eye to eye. We may not be the perfect father and daughter pair, and I may have caused a lot of your white hair, but know that in my heart, that you're the best and the greatest. Thank you so much and I love you.

Credits for this layout: Reflections Blogtrain Kit - can be found in Designs by Anita .

No comments: