Friday, April 22, 2011

Important in the Life of A Child

Last March 26, 2011, my little man "graduated" from his Nursery class. I made sure I had no appointments that day, made sure that no phone calls to come in for work will happen. All my attention was on my little man, my son, Zion. And it was a good thing, I made time for it. My little guy was awarded the "Mr. Pure Energy" special award for his energetic and active participation in class activities. I surely blushed when I heard cheered and applauded when his award was announced. After I pinned the ribbon/award on his shirt, I hugged him tight, and joyfully whispered "I'm so proud of you, my baby". I guess I will never exchange moments like those for any amount of treasure or wealth. Even if my son only graduated from Nursery, as his mom, I felt it was also my achievement. And though I know there will be rough moments ahead as Zion enters a big school next year, I know that WE CAN make it through. :-)

Journalling:
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. - Forest E. Witcraft

Credits for this layout: Dream Big by Scrap Indonesia / Aprilisa Designs; Wordart from Bethany's Elegant WordArt;

No comments: