Sunday, May 23, 2010

Enjoying the Long Road

Another place which we visited during our trip to Ilocos was the Patapat Viaduct. The Patapat Viaduct is a loooooong bridge. On one side is the mountains of Ilocos, while on the other side is a raging sea. The long bridge connects the province of Ilocos to the Cagayan Valley. We stopped by the end of the bridge to get some pictures. Some of us walked along the looooong bridge, while the others posed at the middle of the road (there were only a few trucks and vans that were passing that time). My mom and I opted to stay and pose near the bridge, having the long bridge as our background. My brother was more "emo" that time. He doesn't want any picture. So I had to steal a shot from him while he was "thinking about things" while he stood facing the sea.

In fairness to my "emo" brother, it was nice to just stand by the side of the bridge and look over the sea. There's a calming effect when one does it. Personally, it allowed me to breathe in fresh air, relax, and take my mind from the stressful city life.

Journalling: Note to Self: Take time to enjoy the Long Road called LIFE. Patapat Viaduct, Ilocos Norte, Philippines, April 2010.

Credits for this Layout: Without End Collab Kit from Scrapmalin.com; Font: Baby Bostong font available at Kevin and Amanda.com.

No comments: