Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 2K11 Calendar Layout


HaPpY NeW YeAr!!! HaPpY NeW DeCaDe!! :-)

It's the first day of the year 2011. And it's also nice to know that we're starting a new decade. I can say that the year 2010 has been a year of sorts for me. I was able to travel to a lot of places in 2010. I got retrenched from my previous work in mid-2010. Incidentally, it was a blessing a disguise, because I was able to join a much-better company after my retrenchment. I gained new friends in this new company, without necessarily, losing my friends from my previous company. It was also a blessing because one of my closest friends from elementary/high school has also joined this new company. Well, my love life hasn't improved in the year 2010, but I guess the other good things that happened in 2010 outweighed my still-zero lovelife. :-)

On the other hand, I always believe that one of the best things God has given me has and will always be my family. It is one of the enduring things in my life. Jobs, just like money, come and go. Friends may not always be there, when needed. Pictures of travels fade in time. But the bond and love brought about by family, always endures.

So for my opening layout salvo for the year 2011, I am featuring my own family - my Dad, my mom, my brother Philip (whose butt is the only thing visible in the pictures.. :-) ), my dear cousin Josie, our beloved nanny Yaya Linda, and my precious son Zion. We may not be a perfect family, as we are not perfect individually. But the support, respect, acceptance, and love, this family has are the things that keep it together.

To my family, friends, and to the readers of this blog, I wish you all a happy and prosperous new year. May this new year and this new decade bring about winds of prosperity, abundance, and of course the fundamentals - hope, peace, joy, and love (i.e. a new love life please for me! :-)).

Credits for this layout: Simple Scrap Kit and Remember the Past Kit both from Nathan Design. WordArt from Bethany's Elegant WordArt. Miss Mint 2011 Calendar Stamps available at Peppermint Creative.

No comments: