Saturday, June 12, 2010

June 2K10 Calendar Layout

The month of June marks the end of summer here in the Philippines. Rains have started pouring in, and parents start to prepare their kids for the start of another school year. June is also Father's Day month, and incidentally, it is also the birthmonth of my grandfather Lolo Pilo. So for my calendar layout this month, I am featuring my grandfather - Lolo Pilo. Lolo Pilo is my Dad's father and he used to be a farmer in our province in Quezon. After my grandmother, Lola Azon, died, my Dad convinced him to stay with us here in Manila so that he could officially "retire" from being a farmer, and to prevent him from having drinking sessions with our other relatives in the province.

Lolo Pilo has a great reputation for being close and loving to his grandchildren (including me!). I remember our trip to Quezon when I was about 5 years old. I wanted to go hiking with my Dad, my uncles, cousins, and my grandparents. However, the hike was difficult given the muddy and slippery mountain roads. Since I wanted to join the hike (and I was already throwing tantrums), Lolo Pilo carried me during the entire hike and on our way down the mountain. He also killed and cooked one of his pet chickens, when we were there, because he knows that I am not fond of seafoods when I was still a kid. My grandfather would always have a special place in my heart. Let this layout be a small token of my gratitude and appreciation of all the things Lolo Pilo has done for me.

Credits for this Layout: Daddy Number 1 Kit from Jaelop Designs; Miss Mint 2010 Caledar Templates from Peppermint Creative;

No comments: