Sunday, September 19, 2010

Little War Boys

After waiting and wanting for soooo long, I was able to buy my own DSLR camera. I actually bought it not because of the hype in DSLR cameras. I bought it because I was really pissed off with my old point-and-shoot camera which has a very very severe case of shutter lag. It was taking almost 5-8 seconds before the picture can be taken. So just imagine my frustration everytime I have to attend Zion's school activities and I wasn't able to take any good pictures of Zion while he was performing because of my camera's shutter lag. So to get more acquainted with the new DSLR camera, I am still trying out the different shooting modes of the camera as well as trying to play around with the manual mode. I must admit that since the DSLR has a looooot more features than the ordinary point-and-shoot camera, I am still learning about what the camera can and cannot do.

The pictures I've used in this layout were part of the experimental shots I took using some of the shooting modes of the camera. My two willing victims were my son Zion and my own brother Philip. My brother Philip is a frustrated military student who just took the ROTC (Reserved Officers' Training Corps) now he's in college to get a feel of what military life is all about. Oftentimes, he "trains" his own nephew (my son) Zion and they get to play soldiers like what they're doing in the pictures. The "photoshoot" was very funny and relaxing as the two boys willing goofed in front of the camera.

Credits for this layout: 7 Colors Kit by Rainbow Designs Format; WordArt from Kellies Kreations;

No comments: