Monday, November 3, 2008

Girlfriends


I really think I'm feeling better now than I was early today. My tummy had "stabilized" and my headache is not that nasty anymore, though I must admit, I still get a few headache throbs sometimes. I'm partly happy for this because I know the discomforts associated with the upset stomach and nasty headache are no longer bugging me that much. Nonetheless, I am not 100% happy because I know that I should already report for work tomorrow. Hehehe.. =)

My second layout for today features my Girl Friends. To be honest, I really don't have a lot of people whom I can call true friends. Perhaps because I'm not really the sociable type. Opening conversations is not really my cup of tea. I can carry a conversation, but I'm not good at starting one. But, if you get me to talk, that's where the fun begins! This is the reason I cherish my Girl Friends. They are the few people who were able to crack and bring me out of my shell. And to these ladies, I would like to share this short quote which I found on the net (sadly, no author was given...):

Girlfriends bring casseroles and scrub your bathroom when you are sick. Girlfriends keep your children and keep your secrets. Girlfriends give advice when you ask for it. Sometimes you take it, sometimes you don't. Girlfriends don't always tell you that you're right, but they're usually honest. Girlfriends still love you, even when they don't agree with your choices. Girlfriends might send you a birthday card, but they might not. It does not matter in the least. Girlfriends laugh with you, and you don't need canned jokes to start the laughter. Girlfriends pull you out of jams. Girlfriends don't keep a calendar that lets them know who hosted the other last. Girlfriends are there for you, in an instant and truly, when the hard times come. Girlfriends listen when you lose a job or a husband. Girlfriends listen when your children break your heart. Girlfriends listen when your parents' minds and bodies fail.

Journalling: Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything at all. - Muhammad Ali.

Credits for this layout: Playful and Pretty Kit at simplycleandigiscraps.com; Summer Time Bugs Kit at simplycleandigiscraps.com; Spring Breeze Collection kit from shabbyprincess.com; Paisley Power Kit at karesnscrappile.blogspot.com;

P.S. My apologies to my other girl friends whom I haven't featured in this blog entry/layout. It doesn't mean that I don't love or cherish you that much. I just can't find the pictures wherein we are together.

No comments: