Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sleeping Child


If one asks me to define or describe peace and serenity, the best way I could describe it is to ask that person to look at a sleeping child or baby. I don't know why, but there seems to be something peaceful and calming everytime I look at a sleeping baby (like Zion's picture above). Looking at my son sleeping helps me ease out whatever troubles or worries I have at work or in my personal life. It sort of silences the inner noise in me. Somehow, it takes me back to time when my own mother (and grandmother) tried to calm me by assuring me that they are always there by my side and everything will be alright. So the next time you feel that the world around you is in chaos, try to look at a sleeping child. Just like me, you may find peace and comfort in them.

Picture used in this layout was taken when Zion was about 5 or 6 months old. I was actually experimenting with the color features of my new digital camera that time. Though the entire layout was created using Photoshop, the sepia color in the picture was done via the color feature of my digicam. I'm still figuring out how to do it (i.e. change the picture's color to sepia) using Photoshop (CS3). Any suggestions will be appreciated. =)
Journalling:
"... Sa aking pagtulog na labis ang himbing
Ang bantay ko'y tala, ang tanod ko'y bituin
Sa piling ni Nanay, langit ang buhay
Puso kong may dusa, sabik sa ugoy ng duyan..."
- Filipino Song - Sa Ugoy ng Duyan

Credits for this layout: Java Joe Kit and Endless Ephemera Collection 1 and 2 from raspberryroaddesigns.net.

2 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

oh so cute....I've been looking for that kind of kit,kasi may pic ako ng natutulog yung anak ko. ganda sis! sweet!!!!

G said...

I like this LO sis..esp the photo and journaling!:)