Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 2K10 Calendar Layout

For my March 2K10 calendar layout, I am featuring my Dad. He'll be celebrating his 59th birthday on Tuesday (March 9). When I was growing up, I used to be a Daddy's girl. Whenever my Mom and I are having fights, my Dad would oftentimes intervene, to my delight and to my Mom's fury. Yet despite my being a Daddy's girl, I have a great respect (and fear) of my Dad because he is also a disciplinarian. He uses sort of a "carrot-and-stick" approach when I was growing up. He knows when to "spoil me" but he doesn't hesitate to spank me with his dreaded leather "sinturon" (i.e. belt) whenever I misbehave. He has set the bar when it comes to my grades in school by providing incentives (such as 100 pesos for every 87 and above grade on my report card) for me study harder. And now that I am a grown-up, I am thankful to my Dad for instilling that discipline in me. I may have failed in some aspects in my life but I guess because of the discipline and determination that my father has inculcated in me, I am still able to face and overcome most of the challenges life throws upon me. And for this reason, I am thankful to my Dad. Advance Happy Birthday Daddy! May God continue to bless you with long life, good health, and happiness always. I love you!

Journalling: A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.

Credits for this layout: Choco Comfort Collab Kit available at Aprilisa Designs. WordArt by Tina Chambers available at Digital Scrapbook Place

No comments: