Sunday, March 7, 2010

What Is A Mother?

I was watching my parents earlier as we were strolling in the mall. Today, they are celebrating their 33rd wedding anniversary. Supposed to be, only the two of them (my mom and dad) has room reservations in a posh hotel here in Manila. But with the recent earthquake attacks in various parts of the world, my Mom urged (and even nagged) my Dad to book another room so that the entire family (i.e. my brother, moi, Zion, my cousin, and even Zion's nanny) can be with them in case an earthquake occurs this weekend. *God forbid!* My brother and I were initially laughing because of my Mom's paranoia, and my Dad was quite irked because he was paying the additional room. But now that I am creating this blog entry and relaxing here in our hotel room, I am thankful to my Mom for bringing us here. Well.. not really because of any earthquake.. but just for the simple thought that she always remember us, her children (and her grandchild Zion as well). My brother and I are all grown-up now, but somehow, my Mom's love and concern doesn't fade as we age. We are still her children, deserving of her love and concern, regardless of what age we're in. And for this, I want to thank Mama, not only for letting us enjoy these simple luxuries, but for the genuine concern and affection she shows us.

Journalling: A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving

Credits for this layout: My Mother Tagger Size Kit by Tootsie's Creationz available at Kreative Kreations Korner.

No comments: