Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fun, Sun, Beach

I cannot forget Zion's first time at the beach. He was barely a year old when my family and I brought him to Camayan Beach in Subic (Philippines). My dad was quite hesitant in bringing his beloved "apo" (grandson) to the beach, because his "apong tisoy" (fair-skinned grandson) might get sunburned and or rashes from playing on the sand. So when we set Zion's beach chair, and when we got him all-dressed up with his beach getup, his Lolo (grandfather) was closely watching him. But as Zion's mother, I made sure my son had a feel of what the beach was like. I allowed him to play, walk, touch, and almost rolled on the sand. I allowed him to waddle a little in the sea water. And to my father's shock (tho' he can't do anything about it because I'm still Zion's mom), I allowed Zion to experience and have fun under the sun. Well.. I just made sure to apply baby lotion and sunblock so he won't get sunburn. A little of everything is not that bad, most especially if it pertains to the sun and the beach. :-)

Journalling: Fun & Sun @ the Beach, Subic, Phils. 02.03.07

Credits for this layout: Viva Carnaval Bundle Kit by Caroline B. available at Kreative Kreations Korner; font: Segoe Script available at Dafont.com.

1 comment:

OHMYGUMS said...

Sounds like Zion really enjoyed it! ...always nice to be in the beach and enjoy the nature:)